It's been a crazy week with sick kiddos and Jeff gone. I have become aware of 3 things I am grateful for.
1-Tylenol with CODEINE! This was to ONLY medication that helped my kids to stop coughing at night. I tried running a cool mist humidifier, rubbing vicks on their feet and chest, giving them albuterol breathing treatments every 4 hours, I spent $10 on some OTC stuff called Delsym, which was recommended by the pharmacist. It's a 12 hour cough suppressant med, so I figured it would work, nope. Nothing seemed to be working. Then I spent another $10 on the Tylenol and it worked like a charm. My kids were able to sleep soundly for the first time since Friday night, which means I was also able to sleep for the first time. So yes I am grateful for a narcotic.
2-My new leather couches! A few posts ago I talked about getting them, and we did! So why am I so grateful for them this week? Because Shelbie threw up last night on them, and they cleaned up so easily! If we still had our other ones I'd be busting out the carpet cleaner and scrubbing. A few baby wipes and VOLIA, all done!
3-An iron with steam. Yea, I know this is a weird one. I've been pressing linens for a wedding we have next weekend. The linens have been in a storage tote all summer and had really bad creases in them. It was taking me like 30min per table cloth to iron until it donned on me to use the steam button. It cut my ironing time in half! I think I'd be really grateful for a set of one of those top of the line washers and dryers that have a steam drying cycle......
Jeff got home last night, I guess that should have been on my thankful list....woops. Hopefully the kiddos will be feeling a lot better this weekend. We need them to get well because next weekened after our 2 weddings it's off to DISNEYLAND! Shh, they don't know!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I am glad your kids are feeling better- I felt bad for you that is hard to have sick kids!
It's nice to know that my girls weren't the only sick kids, I hope they are getting better though..whatever was going around these past few months was nasty! And congrats on baby #3!!
So I haven't looked at your blog for a bit and just saw that you are expecting! Congrats! GIRL! I am so excited for you! Hope you are feeling well. :)
WHAT!! another baby!! yay for you!!! let us bloggers know what is it ..if you like to find out!!! so exciting!!!
Post a Comment