Wednesday, June 11, 2008

A not so very Happy Birthday

Yesterday was Jeff's 27th birthday. He started out his day by leaving for work at 5:00am. His department was closing, and he wanted to get a head start on things before he had to leave work to go to school. I was able to take him a yummy lunch from Panda Express while my mom watched the kids, so that was nice. So then at 2:50 he leaves work to go to school for 5 hours. I wanted to do something for him so we had his favorite cake and ice cream at his parents house after he got out of school. We stayed there for about 1 1/2 hours, and I started to not feel good, so I left with the kids while Jeff finished watching a basketball game, and here is where the nightmare begins. I'll spare you all the details...but Jeff had to take me to the emergency room because I was having a kidney stone attack. We had a not so good experience at the ER. We had to wait a very long time in between tests and lab results. The doctor would not let me have any pain medication until it was ruled out that I was not pregnant with a tubal pregnancy. It was about 2 1/2 hours in grueling pain until I could have some relief...which did not last long....and finding a nurse to help was just about impossible. Anyways, my sweet husband and best friend for life was almost awake for a full 24 hours by the time we got home. I felt so spoiled, he took care of me so well. He even ate breakfast in bed with me at 11:00 this morning when we finally woke up. Oh yea, the kids...they got to have a surprise sleep over at their grandma and grandpa Caldwell's house. They watched them for most of the day while I recovered. I am very grateful for them. Even after the crazy day that Jeff had at work, school, and the ER on his birthday, he never once complained. He is my hero, and I hope to be more like him.

5 comments:

Clenece said...

Oh my dear. You POOR POOR thing. I am so sorry. I hope you are feeling better today! I can totally relate to the ER nurses and DOCTORS. When I went after I gave birth because of bleeding...I honesty thought I was going to bleed to death cause no one would help us. To many other TRAMA patients were worse then I, I guess! When your there you feel so helpless....grrr...good thing we dont go there often for help!

Get well soon and Happy Birthday Jeff!

Kali said...

Jeff is SUCH a trooper. What a good hubby! I hope you're feeling better. Sounds like you had had a pretty good day up to that point though.

West's said...

Hey! I finally got on! I love your blog! I am glad you're feeling better! It was fun to play last night.

Cram Family said...

I have been wondering if you had a blog and now I lnow that you do. Your kids are so cute. We need to get together soon or when life settles down a bit. Talk to ya later Desserae

Haven said...

Oh my GOSH! I feel so bad for you!! What a rotten way to spend your evening. I'm glad you're feeling better and that it really was your kidney and not an ectopic pregnancy! And way to be, Jeff! Way to take one for the team. Your next birthday will be fabulous!