Friday, January 30, 2009

A Rude Awakening

So this morning everything was going as usual. Jeff went to work and I barley cracked my eyes open to say "love ya, bye." Shelbie crawled into bed with me and Caleb was already in with me because he wasn't feeling well. I close my eyes and think about how nice it will be to sleep in longer. Then all of a sudden there is a loud sound of gushing water. It totally scared me and Shelbie and I looked in the hall way and saw water spraying out of the laundry room. I go into the kitchen to get my phone and frantically call Jeff. I was still half asleep and couldn't even tell him what was happening. Anyways I realized that I had to save the day and shut the water off to the washing machine. I am so glad that I was home when this happened. A lot of the clean clothes that were not put away yet were drenched and the carpet in the hallway. Just about a month or so ago Jeff told me that I really needed to shut the water off after I use the washing machine.....I'm in for a big "I told you so!"

6 comments:

Clenece said...

What a bummer! I HATE the I told you so moments!!

Heather and Trevor said...

Holy Cow that is crazy! I am glad you were able to stop it! I am glad that you finally posted again! Hope you have fun doing your laundry again. I hate laundry....grrr. :)

CoRnDOg said...

you know... maybe we should all just switch back to hand washing our clothes! How are you guys? other than sick of washing machines!

Becca Summerhays said...

I can't even imagine! That isn't a good thing to wake up to!!! Laundry is bad enough to get motivated to do...but not that early!!! =D

Broadhead Family said...

Ya that would not put me in a good mood for the day:) Good job saving the day though:)

Brooke @ www.allthingsthrifty.com said...

Oh no. How crazy is that! I finally added you to my link list. I hope that is ok. It's been on my "to do" list for forever!