Today was Shelbies first official day of Kindergarten. Yesterday I went to class with her for a 30min. treasure hunt. It was basically to become familiar with the class room, where the bathroom was, her cubby hole etc.. This morning while we were eating breakfast she said, "Mommy, I know this is going to be hard for me, but I want to walk to my classroom all by myself." Talk about a grown up! I did end up walking her to her class. The early morning session sure is going to take some time to adjust to, then once we have our baby it'll be another story. Shelbie had so much fun today that she asked if she got to go to class tomorrow....too bad it's Saturday! I'm glad that she is liking school so far. Otherwise it is going to be a long 13 years!
Friday, August 14, 2009
A New Chapter in our Lives
Today was Shelbies first official day of Kindergarten. Yesterday I went to class with her for a 30min. treasure hunt. It was basically to become familiar with the class room, where the bathroom was, her cubby hole etc.. This morning while we were eating breakfast she said, "Mommy, I know this is going to be hard for me, but I want to walk to my classroom all by myself." Talk about a grown up! I did end up walking her to her class. The early morning session sure is going to take some time to adjust to, then once we have our baby it'll be another story. Shelbie had so much fun today that she asked if she got to go to class tomorrow....too bad it's Saturday! I'm glad that she is liking school so far. Otherwise it is going to be a long 13 years!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
She looks so cute! What a big girl!
Yay for Shelbie! S has two more years before she starts. She really wants to go to school.
Totally cute! What a little grown up. Dosen't she know to stay little? What a great idea for the kids to do a treasure hunt like that though.
Post a Comment