Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Another visit to the ER


It's hard to believe but just over 1 month ago we were in the ER because I had a kidney stone, and we were back again because of an accident that happened in Duck Creek on Cedar mountain. So here's the story.........We took a little weekend trip up to Duck Creek to go camping and fishing with the kids and Jeff's family. The kids and I were in the trailer doing puzzles, and once we finished I said, "ok kids lets go into our tent now." Caleb ran for the screen door, pushed it open and basically flew out of the trailer, skipping the steps and flipping onto the rocks and pavement below. We spent about 3 hours in the ER. Luckily Caleb was asleep for most of the long wait. And trying to be optimistic I told Jeff it isn't very often we get so much quiet time together.....Anyways, the nurse and doctor were both really nice and they glued Calebs head and underneath his nose back together instead of stiches. Once they brought the bord in the room that Caleb was to be strapped onto, I had to leave. I stood in hall, closed my eyes, plugged my ears, hummed and cried, and I could still hear my little buddy screaming for me. It was so sad. I still don't know how Jeff stayed in the room, but that is what daddy's are for-protection. He said he wanted to make sure the doctor and nurses took good care of him.

11 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh Missy that is such a sad story poor little guy

Clenece said...

Oh my...if it isn't one thing it is the other. I am SO SORRY! Gezzz, I hope he feels better soon. What a tramatic event!

Cram Family said...

Sorry to hear about Caleb. I know what you mean about how hard it is to see them with that much fear. Sometimes it is so hard to be a mom!!!

Celeste Caldwell said...

Oh my goodness. That is horrible. Poor little guy. That is too sad!

Haven said...

Ohhh! How SAD! I hate not being able to comfort my wee ones when things happen. I'm glad he is ok though!

The Isoms said...

Boys will be boys! How sad!! Glad they just glued it instead of stitching it.

raw mom said...

holy cats! poor baby! emily had her head glued a few years back...not so tramatizing as your sad time, but thank goodness for that, right? and daddies!

West's said...

Wow! That's horrible! I hope he is doing better! I would've had to leave the room too! Some things are meant for dad's to deal with!

Geoff and Niccole said...

That is so sad. One of my friends little boys did the same thing. He ended up with one of his teeth through his lip though. So it could have been worse.

Becca Summerhays said...

Well Missy...here we are! You can now join us to your blogging list of buddies and we'll add you to ours!

mid said...

https://www.cekaja.com/info/12-tips-menghemat-air-di-rumah/